Graduate Security Analyst - Brisbane, QLD
The Graduate Security Analyst will gain knowledge of operational security alerts, events, incidents and service requests.
They will also learn to run vulnerability scans and review vulnerability assessment reports in addition to managing and configuring security monitoring tools.
In line with this function, they will be trained to respond to and resolve service requests logged by senior staff and team members.
Knowledge and skills the Graduate will gain
- Knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals.
- Problem solving, decision-making skills, research and analytical skills.
- Technical writing skills (including documentation and knowledge articles).
- Ability to migrate manual processes into automated processes via most relevant technologies.
- Cloud-based infrastructure knowledge (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Skills in automation (Puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Microsoft Azure Automation)
- Skills in programming, scripting and Source Code Management skills (Ruby, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Bitbucket, Git).
- Understanding of lateral movement and footholds.
- Understanding of data exfiltration techniques.
- How to define relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning.
- Experience in network/host-based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel.
- Knowledge of Splunk.
- Tertiary qualification in a computing field with a focus on ICT Security or related field or experience equivalent to the associated qualification.
Relevant qualification in security would be benficial such as:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA+ Security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC).
This Graduate role amounts to $57,602.64 including superannuation for a Graduate student working at 12 months at 37.5 hours a week.
$57,602.64 including superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date