Associate Cloud Engineer - Melbourne, VIC
About the Role
The Associate Engineer is responsible for providing services to customers in relation to implementing, managing, operating and supporting their technologically diverse IT environments. This includes;
- Assisting with implementation and deployment of customer projects
- Coordinating technical activities with key internal and client stakeholders
- Developing technical change requests, migration and test plans
- Supporting Project Managers in managing project scope and risks effectively
- Reviewing as-built and handover documentation to ensure seamless transition to BAU
- From time to time, perform On Call or Planned Work outside of core business hours
- Assisting in maintaining vendor certification levels such as Microsoft, by acquiring new certifications
Technical practice areas and requirements are as follows:
- Public and Private Cloud Platforms including Azure & Office 365
- An understanding and experience of virtualisation, storage, compute and backup technologies;
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud computing services.
- Understanding of Office 365 ideally with experience in O365 migration projects.
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (preferably PowerShell, followed by Python , JS, Batch Script, etc.)
- Key Vendors: Microsoft Azure, Dell EMC, HPE, AWS, Cisco, VMware, Google Cloud.
- End-User Computing with SCCM, EMM and Citrix Desktop Virtualisation
- Exposure to general use and administration of Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2016/2019/2022, Windows 10/11).
- Experience with either thick or think device deployment infrastructure and architectures;
- Experience deploying Windows 10/11 SOE images, applications and updates to desktops and workstations using SCCM/MDT with integrated device management technologies (Enterprise Mobility Management);
- Key Vendors: Microsoft, Citrix, MobileIron.
Other Essential Skills:
- Strong ethics and respecting client confidentiality.
- Ability to learn new product updates and technologies
Key Personal Attributes
- Positive attitude
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail;
- Independent/autonomous worker, with ability to self-motivate;
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexible to work remote, onsite and after hours as required
- Logical thinker, with an ability to review and understand processes and use accurately;
- Takes a creative approach to problem solving and not afraid to tackle problems beyond their skill set;
- Interested in growing by taking on challenging and rewarding projects or assignments; and
- Possess a drive to learn, a desire to develop skills and learn from more senior members of the team.
This role will amount to $60,000 plus superannuation for a Graduate working full-time for 12 months.
$60,000 PLUS superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date