Associate Cyber Security Analyst - South Melbourne, VIC
As the Associate Cyber Security Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support for identifying and investigating computer and network intrusions
- Analyse information from our suite of security products
- Provide incident response and remediation support
- Perform ad-hoc computer surveillance/monitoring, identifying vulnerabilities; developing secure network designs and protection strategies and audits of technical infrastructure
- Provide consultation, documentation and advice for technical related projects including designs, privacy impact assessments and risk assessments.
- Passionate about Information Security / Cyber Security
- Eager & willingness to learn new technical skills
- An understanding of information security/cyber security in a broad range of technical and non-technical disciplines
- Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related network protocols like TCP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SNMP etc
- Technical skills, be prepared to think outside of the box
- Good relationship management and communication skills
- You may already be studying for a relevant Tertiary or Tafe qualifications in Cybersecurity or Information Technology.
- knowledge of information security protection/detection and authentication systems (firewalls, IDS, IPS, endpoint protection, Active Directory, etc.) desirable
- Knowledge of commonly-accepted information security principles and practices, as well as techniques attackers would use to identify vulnerabilities, gain unauthorised access, escalate privileges and access restricted information.
- Understanding and application of the following security tools: Vulnerability Management, Database Access Management, Database Encryption, Cloud Email Filtering, Simulated Phishing Tools, Privileged Access Management, Next Generation Firewalls, Orchestration Services.
- Working understanding of database systems, application system development and installation/implementation processes.
- Effective project coordination skills for technical related projects such as patch deployment, software deployment, etc.
- Proven experience in delivering outcomes in a fast paced working environment
- In the process of completing CISSP, CISM, GIAC or other security related certifications desirable
This role amounts to $43,538.81 including superannuation for a graduate working over the duration of 12 months.
$43,538.81 including superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Bridging Visa
Application closing date
Expected start date
South Melbourne, VIC