Graduate Data Engineer - Sydney, NSW
The company was founded in 2017 by a bunch of talented people with years of experience in enterprise and passions for technologies that deliver smarter decision making through the intelligent use of data. Our vision from the start has been making real, positive differences to businesses of all sizes, through AI. We work with some of Australia’s most well-known companies, both locally and internationally, to solve all sorts of business problems. And we partner with AWS to make it all happen.
Today, our team includes some of the smartest data scientists and engineers in our region. We continually develop new ways to add value via an evolving understanding of customers—and how to respond to their ever-changing needs. We have a vibrant culture with an emphasis on teamwork, action, learning, creativity and a can-do attitude. It is fast paced but a fun and supportive environment. At our company you’ll always be pushed to be the best version of you and will get to work in an exceptional team at the forefront of AI product development.
Our products utilise machine learning algorithms, productionised models, data pipelines, explainable AI, visualisations, and technical-into-plain-English translation. We are focused on helping the financial services industry deliver personalised customer experiences and transform customer engagement and retention.
- Expertise in manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Expertise with SQL, relational databases, semi-structured data stores, NoSQL, and graph databases
- Strong programming skills with at least one language: Python, R, Scala, Java or other
- Commercial experience building, optimising, and automating big data pipelines on cloud platforms, preferably AWS, using Spark, Glue, or similar
- Engineer large, complex datasets
- Build production-grade data models
- Build robust, reusable, and optimised data pipelines for AI products
- Use the latest AI and cloud technologies, including serverless and containerised computing
Optional Additional Qualities:
- Experience in financial services or retail banking
- Familiar with agile working practices, DevOps, and CI/CD principles
- Take ownership from start-to-finish, develops with limited supervision, is a proactive self-starter
- Calls out for help when needed
- Communicates effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders and team members
- Enjoys start-up culture: team over individual, flexibility surrounding assignments, and solving problems within, or outside of, formal duties
- Strives to improve self and company at large
If you're interested about working with a close-knit team of highly motivated people, submit your CV and a cover letter telling us specifically what draws you to the job, and what distinguishes you from others.
Flexible work arrangements are available
This role amounts to $55,000 Including superannuation for a graduate working full-time for 12 months.
$55,000 Including Superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date