Graduate Data Scientist
About the role:
The purpose of this position is to transform the firms data into meaningful insights. The data scientist will identify opportunities to improve and inform business decision making. The role will be responsible for creating a variety of data mining/data analysis methods using a variety of tools, build and implement models, use/create algorithms and create/run simulations. The role will work closely with internal stakeholders, data engineer, external and internal data scientists, data analysts, and report developers to improve business decision making.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify trends and opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse structured and unstructured data from company databases and other sources to drive optimization and improvement of product offerings, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Work closely with the data engineer to strategize and execute the development of data products.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and machine learning algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes. • Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy. • Work with stakeholders including the Executive, SLT, IT, Product, and Innovation teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Assist with any other data cleansing, and data preparation tasks as needed. • Support the rest of the data analytics team.
- Strong mathematical and numeracy skills
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to identify trends, patterns, and insights from data
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision making, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills in data analytics and data science
- Ability to handle pressure and ambiguity
- Ability to form strong working relationships including help desk, development, infrastructure, and architecture teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Tertiary certification in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, or the like
- Intermediate working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Understanding of reporting and data visualisation tools such as Power BI.
- Knowledge or experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets.
- Knowledge or experience of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.).
- Knowledge of using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge or experience of creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
This role amounts to $50,950 including super for a Graduate working full-time for 12 months
Large Australian Firm
$50,950 incl. super
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date