Graduate Information Security Officer - Melbourne, VIC
About the role:
The Graduate Information Security Officer is responsible for assisting the Head of Infrastructure and Cyber Security with the day-to-day operations of the company's information security program and will work collaboratively across all levels of the organisation to support the operations of security frameworks and technologies.
- Provide first-level compliance monitoring and investigations.
- Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering.
- Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for specific applications, services, networks and servers as required.
- Perform compliance audits against approved security controls.
- Perform alert monitoring and reviews and assist with operations of Security applications/tools including but not limited to; SIEM, Anti-Malware and End Point protection systems, Internet and e-mail gateway protection systems.
- As directed, assist with preventative and remedial Information Security activities such as, Vulnerability Patching, Information Security Service Desk Incidents and Requests
- Record and track IT security incidents, including but not limited to copyright violations, compromised accounts, e-mail threats, and abuse reports from various sources.
- Tertiary qualifications in Cyber Security or a ICT related discipline (or working to achieve this)
- Industry-related qualifications eg CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO, PCI and similar certifications (preferred)
- Solid understanding of Cyber security principles and risks
- Ability to develop and analyse written reports and communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player & Collaborator
- High attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and establish practical solutions
- Emotional intelligence - self-awareness, social awareness, and social skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge, some knowledge in software development, IT Infrastructure or IT networks is preferable
This role amounts to $55,582 Including superannuation for a Graduate working full-time for 12 months
Health Service Company
$55,582 Including superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date