Information Security Consultant - Sydney, NSW
About the Role
As an Information Security Consultant, you will be working as a part of the Governance, Risk & Compliance team responsible for helping clients and organisations identify risks and create mitigation plans.
- Experience in Information Security and related functions such as IT audits and IT Risk Management.
- Exposure to ISO 27001 Standards & Auditing.
- Exposure to PCI-DSS standards.
- Experience in information security standards such as ISO 27001, ISO 22301, PCI DSS, ITIL, COBIT, SOX.
- Perform or assist with Internal IT Audit, Application Control Reviews, IT Process Reviews, IT Infrastructure Reviews and developing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Security technologies and methodologies particularly, including for example web server security / firewalls / networks / encryption / PKI / TCP/IP / UNIX / Windows etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in ISMS/BCMS implementation.
- Proficiency in Identity Access Management is advantageous.
- Plan and Execute Vendor Risk Management programs.
Certifications (Any of these desirable): CISA/ISO 27001/CISSP/PMP/ITIL/COBIT
Key Personal Attributes
- Client-facing experience is desirable and advantageous for interacting in a team environment and fostering client relationships.
- Ability to communicate technical risks/issues effectively to customers who may, at times, have a non-technical background.
- Ability to write technical reports, detailed presentations, and documentation and have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Open to travel as per the job requirements. It would depend upon the assignment as well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Problem-solving skills with a high level of self-motivation and an excellent team player.
- Strong communication skills.
This role amounts to $55,582 Including Superannuation for a graduate working full-time for 12 months.
Computer security service company
$55,582 Including superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date