Graduate SaaS Support Engineer
The hiring firm is a leading provider of research databases, e-journal and e-package subscription management, book collection development and acquisition management, and a major provider of library technology, e-books and clinical decision solutions for universities, colleges, hospitals, corporations, government, K12 schools and public libraries worldwide.
They are seeking a candidate with the technical experience and the required personal skills to communicate and build relationships with their customers and the sales team.
About the role:
Our SaaS Support Engineer is the primary technical advisor and product advocate for the regional Sales team and key customers; responsible for UI customisations and extensions, API integration, and small app development.
- We have a great team and this is a terrific opportunity to work from your home office yet communicate with many of our team and customers.
- You will attend pre-sales consultations with our sales team, providing technical information to IT teams and end users.
- Flexibility in regard to working hours is provided to suit business demands and maintain work/life balance.
- The role provides scope for further skill development.
Primary Role Responsilbities:
- Regional/Market (Oceania) authoritative expert on technology aspects of EBSCO’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform functionality, competition, trends.
- Conduct pre-sales presentations (to small and large audiences) and clear written responses to Requests for Information (RFI) or related inquiries.
- Establish strong relationships with Sales, and Customer Support teams and customer staff;
- Supporting the evaluation/trial process, initial post-sales support/nurturing, troubleshooting and resolving customer specific advanced technical issues.
- Contribute to automation and integration processes at varying levels of customer requirements:- definition, coding, testing, documentation and management.
- College/University bachelor Degree desirable however workplace experience is highly valued.
- 2 years' experience presenting as well as written communication describing details for technology, internet or software application products to internal and external audiences.
- 2 years' experience in programming language in commercial setting.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while maintaining team involvement, organized and detail oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time to national and international locations.
- 1 years' experience designing SaaS solutions.
- 1 plus years’ experience working with:
- Online research database platforms (e.g. EBSCOhost)
- Integrated Library Systems (ILS e.g. Alma, Millennium, Sierra, Symphony, Koha)
- Institutional Repository platforms (e.g. ContentDM, DSpace, Fedora)
- Content Management / Search software (e.g. Sharepoint, Drupal, VuFind)
- Experience programming with APIs, ETL data files (e.g. MARC, XML, JSON).
- Customer facing experience working with a consultative approach to understand customers needs.
This role amounts to $65,000 - $70,000 PLUS Super for a Graduate working full-time for 12 months.
$70,000 plus super
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date