Service Desk Intern - Sydney, NSW
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we advise many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the globe. With over 5,000 people, including 2,900 lawyers and over 2,000 business services professionals, operating from our global network of offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, Herbert Smith Freehills is at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice.
We recognise that the success of our business and our clients relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all our people. Our environment is one in which high performance is expected, in return, we will provide you with rewards and opportunities tailored to your personal and professional goals.
- Providing quality first level phone support to all staff of Herbert Smith Freehills nationally, by logging into helpdesk phone queue at all times during shift, and resolving customer requests via phone – always with a very customer serviced approach.
- Providing first level support in response to customer emails and self service requests –again with a fully customer service oriented approach.
- Logging of all customer requests into ServiceNow incident management system. Any incidents that cannot be resolved on First Contact must be escalated to the appropriate second level team.
- Management of own incident queue within ServiceNow, to ensure all non-closed requests are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Participating in any required project work, for example rollouts or software upgrades.
- Putting forward suggestions for team improvement, for example writing of documentation on any required processes or procedures.
- Partnering strongly with other groups in IT, in particular the second level team.
- Comply with WHS obligations and responsibilities in accordance with the requirements for this role as set out on the intranet
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Ideally someone with at least 1+ years proven experience in a customer services role within another large corporate or international organisation. Previous experience in another professional services firm would be desirable.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Interest in developing IT technical knowledge demonstrated by ongoing studies or qualifications in Information services or equivalent
- Ability to fully own customer requests, and see through to complete closure
- Team player
- Common sense/Initiative
- Ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail
- Personal Leadership
- Connects and Collaborates with People
- Contributes to the Success of Others
- Enhances the Client Experience
- Achieves Results
Diversity and inclusion
Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our culture where we celebrate the uniqueness of our people. Our inclusive environment means people feel valued and able to perform at their best by being their authentic selves at work.
This role amounts to $40,854.45 including superannuation for an Undergraduate working full-time at 35 hours a week for 52 weeks.
Herbert Smith Freehills
$40,854.45 including superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date