Service Desk Analyst - Melbourne, VIC
About the role:
The key responsibilities of the Service Desk Analysts (SDA) are to provide call desk services and level 1 technical support to company customers and internal divisions.
The SDA interactions extend to both external parties and internal entities as appropriate to coordinate the efforts or relevant resources towards the resolution of all support requests.
The Service Desk is Customer facing entity and the main activities incorporate call handling and basic to intermediate technical services to Customers and internal bodies. These services include responding to and resolving customer support requests (phone calls, emails, or directly logged tickets into the Service Desk application) within the agreed Service Level Agreements.
Our company culture embodies customer-first service, and the Service Desk Analysts are expected to deliver high quality and professional service to the customers.
Key activities in this area are :
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone and ITSM Platform.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Advise user on appropriate action.
- Action and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
Service Desk Analysts are tasked with being the first point of contact on technical support issues and a key objective is to provide first-call fix capabilities to callers and requests submitted to the ITSM Platform.
Key activities in this area are:
- Diagnose and resolve desktop/laptop/portable device hardware, software, and operating issues.
- Diagnose and resolve printer hardware, software, and operating issues.
- Perform basic administration tasks (such as password resets, account creations/deletions) as defined in the specific customer configuration processes and procedures.
- Perform backup checks and raise tickets for errors.
- Redirect more complex problems to appropriate senior resources.
- Actively engage in all project-related work when requested to do so.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Other duties as may be delegated by superiors from time to time.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with company policies and procedures, as may be amended from time to time;
- Attendance at work when required to do so: punctual and reliable
- Professional conduct and behavior in all dealings with customers, suppliers, colleagues, and company personnel.
- Experience in, configuring and troubleshooting Windows-based desktop/laptops hardware and software platforms.
- Experience in providing basic troubleshooting skills on Apple-based desktops/laptops and tablets.
- Perform basic printer and MFD troubleshooting skills.
- Perform 1st level domain admin tasks in Microsoft Active Directory (Account Administration, mailbox administration)
- Experience in server technologies & support (DHCP, DNS, and Group Policies, etc.)
- Understanding of technical backup processes and their importance to operating integrity and risk mitigation.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills (including command-based diagnostics and review such as ping, ipconfig. tracert
- Basic Understanding in Unified Communication Hardware/software (Mitel & Cisco Phones, Mitel & Cisco WebEx applications)
- Strong team player.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact and partner well with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact with all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work and handle simultaneous assignments.
- Has the ability to show initiative with tasks and work towards innovation within the team.
- Strong critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Strict understanding and adherence to confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or relevant work experience is desirable
- Microsoft Certifications or equivalent experience necessary to achieve certification if time is allotted
- ITIL Foundations v3
This role amounts to $50,949 including superannuation for a Graduate working full-time for 12 months.
IT and Communications Service Provider
$50,949 including superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date
Melbourne / Melbourne West