Systems Admin - Brisbane, QLD
About the Role
Well established Brisbane based company that is a leader in providing services to its clients through a local team of technical experts, trusted advisors, and support specialists, requires a Systems Admin Graduate.
Required skills and Responsibilities:
- Maintains web environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance.
- Establishes web system specifications by analysing access, information and security requirements and designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, and configuration; testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems and defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing and escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures web system by developing system access, monitoring, control and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; and maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades web system by conferring with vendors and services and developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging internet technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering
- Knowledge of database administration
- Knowledge with Java GUI front-end development, SQL or equivalent database tools
- Knowledge of Agile software development using JIRA
- Knowledge of multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu), Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Knowledge working in a research environment that relies extensively on Open Source solutions
- Knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Applications.
- Knowledge of the Incident Response life cycle
- Understanding of the threat and attack landscape, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and how they are leveraged by malicious actors.
- Security certifications, Database Administrator certifications.
This role amounts to $50,869 including Superannuation for a Graduate working 37.5 hours a week for 12 months
IT Solutions Strategist
$50,869 including Superannuation
Undergrad or Postgrad
Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application closing date
Expected start date